The Llama Overlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Still-Doll Dancing

3 posters

Go down

A Still-Doll Dancing Empty A Still-Doll Dancing

Post by Admin Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:17 am

A side RP between Rain and a trickster god named K'yon. This will take place in the Comatose, in an AU where Rain was rescued from Madhouse and taken back to Camrian's hideout for the other stars.

~ ~ ~

The Comatose Café is a unique discothèque; unlike the contesting nightclubs of large cities, its activity supersedes the average drink-and-dance desires of those who are desperate. Its outward appearance follows that of a nightcore club, built bottom-up with checkered floors and neon lights. A bar stretches along the farther-most wall, stocked with every alcoholic beverage imaginable, as well as some that have never been heard of before. Stereo systems pump raw energy into the crowds that so often occupy the dance floor. Plush couches and chairs are arranged in lounge areas off to the sides of the large building. To uncurious eyes, this club is much like every other nightclub, with the same freak-show guests and bass-heavy melodies. But if you take a good look around, you might notice that the allure of the club strays your thoughts just a little more than normal. You might become a little too enthused by the thought of dancing to such enchanting tunes.

This is because the Comatose Café is, in fact, a place where people come to dine on delusion. It was made specifically by and for a multitude of inhuman creatures, for those who need exterior forms of energy to survive. Whether they be vampires, fae, or succubus alike, they come to feed on the energy of those unlucky enough to be among their midst. The music that drifts through the dance floor has a curious way of seeping into the body and encouraging the muscles to move more so than normal. The drinks are spiked with magical liquids and powders, that burn through your veins like a constant rush of adrenaline. Any human unknowing enough to be lured into the club is surely weak enough to be transformed by these traps. The café is designed to provide a constant supply of energy to inhuman creatures, without causing direct or life-threatening harm to humans. Although, in a place as unpredictable as this, there is always the chance that someone could take advantage of the situation and use it for their own greed or gain.

Admin
Admin

https://thellamaoverlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Still-Doll Dancing Empty Re: A Still-Doll Dancing

Post by Angel Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:36 am

"If you love me, let me go!"
"Rain, I don't-"
"Cause these words are knives and often leave scars,"
"What are you talking abou-"
"And truth be told, I never was yours,"
"Dammit, Rain!"

The current bass-heavy melody came to a close just as the blue-haired starlet whisked herself away from the bar, away from the man with the burning burgundy eyes. They had been arguing, sort of.

~ ~ ~

She'd descended upon him with her tall, neon-blue drink in hand, shouting off unintelligible phrases while he scrambled to finish a drink he was pouring for another customer. That customer was an irritating man with a dangerously flashy smirk, who leaned into Rain's leather jacket sleeve and spewed a few lines from his succubus tongue at her. How unfortunate for the man that Rain couldn't be swayed by such things. She shoved him away with distaste, training her eyes on the bartender - a tall raven-haired man, Skylan, and continued her misshapen rant between pulls of the cyan liquid. That made the hungry customer mad, enough so that he swiped at her red face with claws outstretched. His hand made contact with fire-hot skin, melting away to reveal dilapidated and charred flesh which barely clung to the underlying skull.

The succubus stumbled back, watching as the marred face was replaced by perfectly flushed skin and a healthy grin. Rain hadn't even felt the sting of his fist connecting, but she'd felt the pressure, and could see it in the man's eyes that she'd angered him. "This is gospel for the fallen ones!" She'd shouted at him, stumbling forward with bright blue eyes that burned like fire. But the bartender, Skylan, snapped his hand out to hold the girl back and draw the customer's attention.

"It would be best if you leave now," he said as he passed the man his drink. And the succubus was smart enough to take it and leave. Skylan had been gritting his teeth and staring at the blue-haired woman for several long seconds before she'd started flinging her confusing insults at him.

"If you love me, let me go!"
"Rain, I don't-"
"Cause these words are knives and often leave scars,"
"What are you talking abou-"
"And truth be told, I never was yours,"
"Dammit, Rain!"

She swept herself away from him after that, grabbing the special container of liquid Sky kept on the end of the bar for her and starting back onto the dance floor as a song ended. A heartbeat started to pour from the speakers, pounding in time with her footsteps as she wove through the grabby crowd and found a booth near the front of the house. Soon enough lyrics started to flow over the crowd, ones Skylan recognized as belonging to Panic! At the Disco's "This is Gospel". So she hadn't been arguing with him. She'd been singing one of her favorite songs, knowing it was about to play on the stereo before even Sky could expect it. The raven-haired, fire-eyed bartender growled under his breath from the revelation and cast the woman's distant figure one conflicted gaze before pouring his next customers' drink.

~ ~ ~

Silly, silly boy, hadn't even recognized the song or decided to sing along. They played this game often enough that Rain expected her friend to understand. But he didn't. Silly, stupid boy. But he made good drinks! Dancing back through the crowd to her booth, Rain sloshed the tall mixing bottle around in her hands. And when she saw the deep red table she had so excitedly scrawled her name on days before now, Rain sunk into the plushy seats with a content sigh. This was her booth, it said so right on the table, "Property of Rain: KEEP OFF!" People were smart enough to stay away from it, yup yup. The scary red-head had been angry with Rain at first, even started yelling, and Rain had wanted to curl up on the floor and cry. But, oh, her darling raven came to the rescue! Like a knight, he'd stood up for her honor as a lady, pronouncing this booth as Rain's property, and the wicked red-headed witch vowed not to touch it, Nevermore, Nevermore!  

Rain edged herself on top of the large table in her private booth and sprawled out on the cool marble, pressing her burning flesh into it with a loving sigh. Beautiful. Beautiful. The colorful lights spiraled over her body in dazzling patterns, turning her bright blue hair varying shades of green, red, purple. She drank from the flask made special, especially for her by her raven knight, guzzling the neon liquid until her cheeks flushed with a tipsy warmth. Rain wasn't able to get fully drunk anymore, and she hated, hated it! The fire fueling her body burned off the alcohol almost immediately, and so she kept drinking the sweet and sour liquid, hoping it would give her more than just a slight buzz. Her breath smelled of blackberries and fire, and her tongue snaked out several times over her lips and chin to catch the stray beads of liquid that dared to escape. "Fools! The Raven Knight will punish you if you disobey me!" She grumbled at the rivulets of liquid fire drizzling down her neck.

But then a familiar twinkle started to sing in the back of her mind, and she forgot the disobedient drink and the red-haired witch and the gross man at the bar who tried coming on to her. Rain scrambled off the table and nearly fell on the floor. A stranger caught her, steadied her, and held on to her longer than she liked. She pushed him away, shushing the crowd and the music around her with angry lips, because she wanted to know what her mind was singing. A familiar melody started to play, twisted and enchanting, slow, accented by the crackle of a warm fire, and Rain wanted to hear more of it. A bright blue flame lit her eyes and started to glow, startling the people dancing near her table. They stumbled back into the waiting crowd that still danced blindly to a fast-based dubstep medley, but Rain stopped hearing them, stopped hearing the speakers and the laughter and moans that played constantly through the Comatose.

All she could hear was the ghost bell, the precious music-box song that started playing in her head when something was about to change. Rain was giddy, giggling under her breath and pressing her hands tightly to her ears. "Nevermore, never- No! No no, forevermore! He sings to me forevermore, foreverore..." There was a hitch in her breathing, a startled whimper seeping from her lips for the shortest moment, but she didn't recognize it. The music entranced her and led her onto the middle of the dance floor. People parted for her, startled by the glowing blue-fire eyes. A circle of empty space formed around Rain's small body, and then she began to dance, swaying slowly to the music box inside her head, the ghost bell. Around her the speakers still spewed bass-heavy dubstep, and the people danced quickly, with hungry groans, but Rain moved in peace to the lighthearted music in her mind, following the crackle of fire. She continued this way for a while, one little blue flame in a circle of fleshy people, undisturbed yet disturbing those that circled her. Dancing to a slow tune only she could hear.
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

A Still-Doll Dancing Empty df

Post by hatman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 am

Well, well, well, that was certainly something thought the man in his out-of-the-way corner booth. He viewed the entire bar and a good portion of the dance floor from his vantage point. His feet, clad in well-traveled leather boots, were outstretched underneath the table in front of him. They led to an equally worn pair of jeans which slouched into the plushy seat, and led to a faded t-shirt and leather jacket which covered a lean and muscular body. He toyed absent-mindedly with his glass, spinning it idly without allowing a single drop of the amber liquid to reach the brim. His gaze was fixed two feet up and three feet to the left of the fiery drunkard who'd just slipped into the crowd, enough to keep her in his periphrial vision without allowing anybody the satisfaction of catching him staring.
Which of course he was, but that was dilatory.
Fire creatures are always a bit tempermental, he thought to himself, smirking internally at the fate which would befall him had he voiced that out loud to some of the flame beings that he knew. Singing nonsense in the form of pop songs while guzzling strange liquids isn't anything out of the ordinary where he usually rolled. The rotting face thing is new though. Undead? I've never heard a legend combing that with hair dye before. He chuckled at that.
"What's so funny handsome?" said an auburn and black-haired woman huskily from his left. "Care to let a girl on a joke?"
The man spared her a sideways glance, face monotone save the slightest twitch of the corners of his mouth. "Just a personal revelation. Nothing worth sharing with a stranger."
"Ohhhh, I don't have to a be a stranger for long," she murmured sensually, somehow making herself heard over the throbbing bass, pressing against his thigh despite being on the other side of the table mere seconds ago.
Succubus then, he determined mentally. "Apologies, we will have to remain as such for the inconceivable future." He started getting up from his seat when a amethyst-green nail twirled itself into a lock of his long black hair and turned his head back towards her.
"Oh c'mooonnn, we can skip getting to know each other if you're shy. Don't I at least get a name?"
At that insistence, the man's mood shifted abruptly and he stared at her with an intensity that was lost in the festive atmosphere and woman's inebriated state. After a moment of silence, he answered her. "I have many names. Those I know well call me K'yon," -she perked up and opened her mouth to speak- "but you are not one of them." He reached into his jacket with his right arm.
She was really trying now, her succubus aura was doing its damnedest to fog his mind. "Hey, I need to know what to scream late-"
He bent down swiftly, so that the feathered decoration in his hair swung forward and almost hit her in her overly-long eyelashes. "You will know me as the man with the rope, and you will fear me as such."
"Oh honey, it'll take a lot more than a little shibari to sca-"
"The rope is gold. But it is also silver. Although you try and think of it as black." As he spoke a faint shimmering like that of heat waves fluxed in her pupils. "Of course, you'd never be able to avoid the conclusion that is the darkest green imaginable, a dye that should for all intents be black, but isn't. It's green. the color of your nails. The color of your mascara. The color-" he leaned in and whispered directly into her ear "that you bleed."
He straightened, and gazed lightly at the now petrified succubus, removing his right hand from his inner jacket as he did so. His intensity was gone, and he smiled lightly once more. He pushed the now-full glass of bourbon into her quavering hands as she stared forward in utter horror and recollection.
"You haven't thought of that in years hm?" he said. She glanced upwards, looking like a frightened animal ready to chew its arm off at a moments notice. "Drink up. Drink more. Try to forget again. I'll send a round." He spoke off-hand as he circled around the table off to the bar.
"And in the future, be careful of being unwanted company dear, it's rather rude."

hatman17

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:58 am

The ghost bell lasted for several minutes, but to the crazed little spitfire, it could have been days before the twisted melody drifted from her mind. Her body protested the emptiness it left her with, and she needed to sit down, to drink more of her very special drink and to hear her very special Raven Prince say lovely things to her. He was working but that didn't mean anything, nope nope, not to her, and he preferred her company more than anyone else, anyway! If she asked him to run away with her he would, of course, because he was the Raven Prince. He would probably fly her away on his beautiful black wings to a place in the sky. To the place of the stars, where she belonged. She would like that. They could leave the Red Clown behind in his meat suit and she would never have to worry about him again. Nope. "Nevermore, nevermore~""

She sang the word over and over again until it became a chant, becoming louder and louder as she edged back to the bar, back to her Raven Prince, the knight with his flaming armor. "Nevermore!" Rain shouted as she came to sit in the chair in front of Skylan at the bar. Nevermind the other customers who he was pouring drinks for. She needed him, because the ghost bell had made her tired, and she was starting to think about the Red Clown again, and that made her very, very sad. "He came to visit me again, Raven Prince, he whispered things to me," Babbling for the sake of sanity, her trembling fingertips clutched the edge of the bar, pressing and pressing until CRACK! a sliver fractured the marble countertop. "Just a little bit, a little bit," she assured him, because the Red Witch would be very angry with her if the bar broke.

"Rain?" Skylan flashed his conflicted eyes to the broken little doll sitting at his bar, a grimace settling into his long face. It was difficult for him to run the bar and watch Rain at the same time, but this was his shift, Rian was sleeping, and Camrian set Rain off the deep end most days. He had to make due. Setting his washcloth aside, the raven-haired man leaned over the bar, closer to the broken girl he'd taken under his wing. She started babbling and he recognized immediately what had happened - the song had come back, the music box that'd been playing when she awoke for the first time as a new being. Rain had come back to life in a nest of blood and body parts, listening to the twisted music box and the deranged hum of a sadistic anti-star, Madhouse. He hadn't been able to help her then. He'd left her for the clown to ravage and distort as he pleased, because there was nothing else Skylan could do without making matters worse. And now Rain suffered for it. Ever disgusted with himself, all Sky wanted to do was take her in his arms, bring her back down into their hideout and console her until she was better, whole again. But a bar stood between them, and he couldn't leave the place alone for his own desires.

"Don't worry about the bar-" he started to say, trying to calm her down before she snapped, before the flame in her right eye fizzled out and she lost her mind completely. But more customers wandered over to the bar, and he needed to deal with them as well. "One minute, love," Giving her a hard look, Sky inched away, coming to stand on the other side of the bar from a previous customer, one wearing a leather jacket and jeans, with slightly long hair and tan skin. "Sorry for the wait, sir. Can I get you a refill?"

The Raven Prince walked away from her, choosing the customers over her, and she was dismayed. Was he mad that she cracked the bar? That she had been dancing with other people around her? Had she done something terribly wrong, and now the Raven Prince didn't want her anymore? Rain whimpered quietly as he walked to the other end of the bar, and after a minute she followed him, wanting to apologize for being a mistake. Rain didn't pay attention to the other people at first, sitting down next to the customer Sky was talking to and looking at him with hard blue eyes. The flames flickered nervously, as if dangerously close to flaring up or sputtering out. She was imbalanced. A mistake, yes, because she wasn't doing what she was supposed to. Not that she understood it, not at all. The Raven Prince talked a lot about their brothers, about tipping a scale, or choosing a side, but she hated, hated talking about it. It was so grim, so finite, and she was a crazy little thing that fluttered where the wind took her.

Again, she thought how wonderful it would be if the Raven Prince took her far away on his wings, searing through the sky like stars, like her past life. But any time she talked about flying away he shook his head and told her no, that it wasn't okay, that they had responsibilities. Maybe she just wasn't enough of a Princess for him to steal her away. She was too broken for him to want, and that was a sad thought, too. Sad thoughts were too sad for her to bear, she wanted to feel happy again, to feel like flying. Rain reached over the bar, grabbing the Raven Prince by his arm and shaking it until he looked at her. "Can I have more liquid fire, Raven Prince?" With eyes wide and childlike she pleaded to him, a playful smile tilting her lips up at the corner. He cast her a conflicted look, and she thought he might deny her, so she gripped him tighter and continued to plead, "Oh please, oh please, may I have some more?"

And then, as if needing help to convince him, she turned to the next customer over - the man with the long hair and tan skin - and nodded her head eagerly. "Its really quite good! Tasty, tasty! Blackberries and warmth, galore, galore~" Chanting the phrase like a new song dedicated to her very special drink, she turned back to the Raven Prince, watching as his composure caved and he began to mix her especially special drink. "Yay! Oh, thank you, stranger, you convinced him!" She chanted to the man at her side, holding her hand up for a high-five. He was her partner in crime now, and he couldn't get out of it, nope nope~

Last edited by Angel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by hatman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:59 am

"Sorry for the wait, sir. Can I get you a refill?"
"The same for me, and send... oh, a half-dozen orders of something stronger for the woman in the booth over there. She recently had a bit of a scare and is a bit shaken up." K'yon said, giving the bartender that same internal smile. The black-haired man gave him a suspicious glance, but set two fingers of bourbon on the counter and brought down an unmarked jug of something from the shelves behind the bar. Excellent bartender, he thought to himself. Protective of his patrons, but recognizing their rather dangerous natures. No need to pry into the affairs of those who work in the shadows of reality for a living.
As the man busied himself preparing a tray of shots of a seemingly viscous clear liquid dotted with purple specks, K'yon looked at the fire-woman currently pleading for her drinks. Interesting that one...
K'yon slipped his right hand into his jacket pocket once more, circling the small dreamcatcher nestled within with the soft touch of a lover. He closed his eyes...
-ADHOUSETHEBLOODthemusicohravenprinceprettyprettyprettiestofpleasesTHEFIR-
and opened them once again. To any other patron, it would have seemed like a slightly-longer-than-usual blink. All the time he needed to hover at the edge of her thoughts and peer at her mind. The madness and pain he saw within was...
Delicious, he thought. The poor child has suffered so very much.
At that moment, she turned to him, exclaiming the virtues of the neon-blue liquid, a drop of which still clung to her lips. The barkeeper looked at her pleadingly, as if trying to explain the complexities of drink making and the existence of other people with a single look. This scene was obviously a repeated show at the bar. K'yon tapped a finger on the marble counter top, and bent his head at the girl. The bartender raised his eyebrows, to which K'yon blinked and nodded. The bartender gave a relieved smile and grabbed a bottle of blue fire from the bar.
"Yay! Oh, thank you, stranger, you convinced him!" she squealed in joy, raising her hand for a high-five.
"You are most welcome madam." he responded with a discreet high-five. "One for me as well, I've always enjoyed blackberries," he said to the harried bartender.
She grabbed the tall glass of blue fire with both hands and drank deeply, sloppily letting some splatter down her neck and clothes, where a couple drops fell to the floor and caused visible singes. "I really wouldn't recommend that friend, as my floor could plainly tell you, it takes a special sort of palate to survive."
"Oh don't worry. I'm rather experienced with the exotic." The bartender looked to the sky in acceptance of the over-powered nature of his patrons, and slid a shot of the stuff towards him.
K'yon raised the glass at the woman. "Cheers."

hatman17

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:00 am

Skylan was reluctant to give the customer what he asked for, knowing the side effects of drinking another's fire from experience. He, a mere child so long ago, had ventured to steal a taste of his eldest brother's fix in secret. He felt cheated for not having a drink of his own at the time, and all of the brotherhood talked about the liquid fire, partied over their glasses while Skylan watched. So he'd snuck a vile full and downed it in one gulp, welcoming the burn that slid down his throat. He'd woken some time later, coughing up gallons of black tar - blood - as his eldest brother watched on with a satisfied smirk. "Have you learned your lesson, little pup?" He had. Sky spent the following week in an infirmary, vomiting up the bile that poisoned his system until not even the slightest trace remained. He'd gotten his own special drink after that, his brothers feeding Sky the mixture during that week to keep his flames from going haywire. It was the worst week of his life.

This customer wasn't like them, and so the drink would be less like poison and more like its own name, fire. Humans burned to a crisp from the smallest taste of this drink, but Sky could tell this man wasn't human at least. Even so, giving him the drink was risky, and he really didn't want to subject the man to the surefire promise of pain. He would have pushed it, had Rain not leaned over the bar and clung to his arm again, shaking his limbs until he looked at her. "Go on, go on! Let him try LetHimTryLetHimTRY!" A flickering of her fire-blue eyes told him she sensed something, and for a moment he wondered if the song she heard had anything to do with this man. It tolled only when things were about to change. In the past, things had changed for the worst... and Sky became suspicious of this man, then, wishing nothing more than for him to walk away and leave his already broken doll alone. But Rain wouldn't have that. "Nownownow! He needs it, Raven Prince! If you won't give it to him, I will-"

The shaky-handed girl fumbled with her glass, attempting to push it in the customer's hands, but Skylan stopped her before she could get that far. "Alright, alright. I got it." Forcing an irritated sigh between his gritted teeth, Sky poured some of the pre-mixed drink into a shot glass and slid it over the counter top to the suspicious man. "Don't blame me if you regret it later on." Sitting back on his stool behind the bar, Skylan watched on as the man toasted Rain and they both drew their glasses to their waiting lips. Whatever happened from here on out, he sure as hell wasn't going to take the blame for it. He'd warned the man.

"Nyahn~ Cheers, kind stranger!" The porcelain doll chirped as she clinked glasses with him, and some of the liquid splashed over their fingers, sizzling against her skin and searing his own slightly. Greedily she pulled her tall glass to her lips and took a long drink, wiggling in her seat as the fire coursed down her burning throat and washed her with a temporary but oh so very pleasant cooling sensation. "Ahhhn, tasty tasy," She sighed with pleasure, setting her empty glass on the bar for Skylan to clean. And then she trained her bright blue eyes on the stranger, eager to see how perfectly perfect his reaction might be. Skylan told her once that no normal person could survive liquid fire. No one besides them. People burned up, drinking her very special drink, and she wanted to see what pretty color his corpse might be. A warm burgundy, like the Raven Prince? Or bright blue, like her? Or maybe green, or purple, or blac-

"NONONO! NOT BLACK, NO!" The broken doll shouted out loud, and then she began to shake her head, because nonono he couldn't burn with black flames, nonono. Her body trembled with a very sudden and intense fear, but she couldn't for the life of her understand it, because the stranger did not burn with black flames. Or any flames for that matter. Wasn't him, wasn't him, and it wasn't the clown either, and that made her very very relieved. So much so that she broke out into a fest of giggles. But her body was still shaking as she watched the man. No, he didn't burst into flames. He looked forward with an irritated expression on his strong face, eye twitching slightly, and she could hear a chorus of flames burning through his esophagus, but he didn't burst into flames. "Magic! You're Magical, Kind Stranger! A hawk with burnt brown feathers but nonono flames, perfect! How did you like my very very special drink?"

And suddenly she was inching forward on her bar stool, her hands shooting out to clasp his own eagerly. She needed to know, wanted to hear him say it, to speak about her special potion and know that he was magic. Nevermind the fact that when their skin touched, the facade of her hands melted away and it looked like only decaying bone and charred flesh clutched him delicately. But she still felt real, human and whole, and she was very gentle with him because this was a very special bird. She couldn't hurt him. Rain watched him with large, childlike eyes that pleaded for something she couldn't verbalize. She watched and waited, and when he spoke, smoke plumed from his lips like a soul separating from its human husk. "...re...refreshing..." The stranger's voice was very hoarse, but he could speak, and that was more than what she expected from him.

"Kuuu, you did it! You really are an unburnt bird! A Hawk! May I ask thy name, Hawk?" For the first time that day, a sincere expression entered Rain's whimsical face. She seemed normal again, whole, not mentally cracked as she questioned his name. Pulling her hands away from his with an apologetic smile, the strange girl brushed a curl of her long hair behind her left ear, palms resting together in the bed of her lap shortly afterward. Skylan watched on with barely suppressed shock pale across his face, but she didn't bother with the Raven Prince, not now, not when so many interesting things were starting to occur.

Last edited by Angel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by hatman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:00 am

This was the worst idea you have ever had
That time when that steampunk piece of shit Dylan gave you some of his bottled lightning moonshine bullshit?
Nope
This is worse

The burning wasn't a mere sensation, it was actually incinerating his throat. Whole chunks of his esophagus burnt to char, and the fire took advantage to spread into his lungs. However, it quickly passed, and the blazing tissue reknitted itself into proper muscle and ligament within seconds. Advantages of being a God, balanced by the humanity which supported his existence.
He would have to ask for a recipe, Blaiz was due for a gift.
Blinking rapidly, he placed the glass back on the counter with a decided clink. "...re...refreshing..." He croaked, esophagus still exuding smoke and vocal chords raw and healing. The bartender raised an eyebrow in amusement, knowing full well that by all standards the man should be a crispy corpse ruining his floor, but had already showed hints of power. He was also pretty satisfied at having second-handedly inflicted no small amount of pain into the suspicious stranger's life.
K'yon's eyes narrowed. He was accustomed to suspicion, but disliked malice. He would have reached into jacket again, but the blue-fire girl (who had appeared to have grasped his left hand delightedly at some point) spoke clearly for the first time since she'd sat at the bar. "Kuuu, you did it! You really are an unburnt bird! A Hawk! May I ask thy name, Hawk?" At her intelligent conversation, the bartender appeared shocked. Apparently, that didn't happen often.
"Iyy...Khhrg..." Perhaps a full conversation was still overly-optimistic.
"Rain, give him a minute," the bartender said, wiping the glasses with a silvery, apparently flame-retardant fabric. He kept his eyes on her, examining her short return to sanity. She pouted and grasped K'yon even harder. Her hands were... well, dead. Charred bone and the dry, black flesh of a long-burnt corpse encircled his forearm, but felt like the normal skin one would expect from the doll-like features that stared at him with innocent joy.
"Nono, I'm... ok." K'yon managed to spit out. "I've had worse." The bartender turned his shocked stare from to him at that, unsure if it was typical male boasting or a worrisome truth. It was a bit of both, although he'd never been set on fire as anything other than an attack before. Well...
"Those who know me well may call me K'yon, though I have many other names," eye-roll from the bartender "And you most certainly may as well." He returned her over-joyed smile with a small one of his own. She was about to speak when the same succubus who'd pawed at her jacket so indelicately before butted in.
"Oi princess, if we're all being friendly with each other, why don't you get to know me?" He leered, leaning against the bar between the two.
Typical, K'yon recoiled in distaste, they get an interest and become territorial when rebuffed. The succubus was probably speaking his species' tongue in an attempt to ensnare his prey, but none of the three within earshot were affected by it, and it simply came out as any typical blatant come-on.
The bartender wrinkled his brow in anger, reaching underneath the bar, possibly for some means of rebuffing the creep, but K'yon beat him to it. Reaching once again into his jacket, a single stroke of his treasured talisman was enough to pick up a nightmare, not a debilitating one, but certainly enough to make the succubus turn towards easier prey.
K'yon gripped the man's shoulder and spun him around. The succubus' claws were already outstretched and swinging but were blocked by K'yon's other hand in a sharp chop. Before the assailant could become any more enraged, K'yon stared once more, with the fiendish intensity that would scare people by its own right. There was a sense of transfer, and both men's eyes glowed gold in a brief flash, before shimmering dully.
The succubus' expression grew panicked and he tried to recoil, but K'yon wrapped his hands around his wrist and neck and pulled him roughly to the bar counter. Leaning in, he hissed into his ear, "Next time I will take the time to make it personal. See that it does not come to that." He sharply twisted the other man's wrist, causing the succubus to instinctively twist around around to compensate for the pain. Changing his grip on the neck, K'yon pushed him upright while maintaining the arm lock. "Now then. Go. Away." He warned before pushing the other man off. To the succubus' credit, he immediately made a beeline for the perceived safety of the crowded dance floor without further fuss.
Straightening his jacket, K'yon turned back to the fiery girl and her (now even more) suspicious protector/bartender. "Well that was certainly rude of him , don't you think?"

hatman17

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:01 am

The Raven Prince was tense behind his bar, fists clenching and unclenching every now and again around the wash cloth he wielded. Rain could smell the special fumes of his emotion like burnt cinnamon, his nervousness and his need to protect. But protect her from what, exactly? The only other person here was the unburnt Hawk, and he certainly was no threat, nope nope. He was a special creature, and she liked him. He did not smile like the red clown or the man of smoke. His smile was kind, and it was sincere. The Hawk wasn't faking anything, she could tell, because the red clown had taught her what fake emotions looked like. But her Raven Prince didn't understand, he didn't know because he hadn't been taught by the red clown like she'd been. Why couldn't he just see what she saw? It was so frustrating, she wanted to yell and stamp her foot until he saw it her way, because he was being silly silly stupid!

"Those who know me well may call me K'yon, though I have many other names..." The Hawk captured her attention and brought her down to earth before she snapped on her stupid Raven Prince, and she nodded eagerly to him, hoping beyond hope that he would let her call him K'yon. He didn't leave her wanting, either. "And you most certainly may as well." The very small smile he offered her sent Rain over the moon with joy.

"Oh, yay! I can tell we will be very best friends, K'yon!" Her long blue waves of hair bounced over her shoulders and spilled into the opening of her leather jacket as she nodded, appearing more and more sane by the moment, although she still spoke with a childish awe in her voice. "You can call me Rain, if you'd like. That's my real name, real and true!" Her star name, the name she was supposed to keep secret and use only in the presence of other stars. But she didn't like the human name they'd given her. May... something? Bell? Ball? It was stupid, and so she insisted on the people she liked calling her Rain instead. Apparently that didn't make Skylan any happier than it made Camrian, the red witch.

"Rai-" he started, then choked down her name, because he didn't feel like repeating it in front of the man. So hypocritical, she thought, because he called her Rain all the time. "Do you really think you can trust this guy? I mean..." Skylan looked like he was about to say something offensive to the man, and Rain wanted to tell him to stop being stupid, but then she felt someone leaning into her leather jacket sleeve for the second time that night and the overwhelming smell of alcohol and something else - something that was meant to seduce, but to her smelled rank - wafted into her face. She slapped her hand over her nose and made a distasteful noise in the back of her throat as the succubus from earlier drawled into her ear with his thick voice. A deep shudder pounded down her spine, and she wanted nothing more than for him to disappear, because he was so like the red clown it hurt.

"Nonono! Go away, go away-" The doll was starting to crumble again, and her eyes began to fog into a mask of hysteria. Her Raven Prince began to move, but the Hawk was faster, spinning the succubus around so quick that her vision swam trying to follow the movement. The blond creep swung a clawed fist toward her new friend, and Rain whimpered, the flame in her right eye sputtering dangerously. But the Hawk slapped his meaty stub of a hand away like an annoying gnat and made eye contact, and then Rain was confused, because she could swear she saw a flash of something and then everything stopped. The succubus whined like a kicked puppy and with only the briefest warning from K'yon, he stumbled away, leaving her and the Raven Prince and the Hawk alone. When Rain looked at her new friend again, she could swear the gold she'd seen in his eye was magical armor, glowing and sharp, a knight's armor. So he was a Hawk Knight, then. How perfectly magical!

Awe swam in her eyes as Rain stared him down, most of the hysteria slipping away, replaced by an unusual sense of peace. He said something, but she wasn't really paying attention. A few awkward moments passed in silence between the three, and then Skylan cleared his throat, setting the wash cloth on the bar and wringing his nervous hands together. "I don't know what that was just now, but..." Sky started, struggling with his words. Rain blinked a couple times before breaking eye contact with K'yon and looking to her Raven Prince. He looked like he was in pain, town between two desires. It worried her that he might say something mean to the Hawk Knight and make him go away, so she scrambled to grab K'yon's hand again and shake it lightly, urgently.

"That was very brave of you. Succubi and Incubi can be very dangerous if they've fed - Sky and I have a friend whose an Incubi, and he's very powerful - but you scared him away. You are very kind, Hawk Knight K'yon. Thank you." Sincerity shone in her bright blue eyes as Rain released his hand again and sat back on her bar stool. And as much as Skylan hated to admit it, she could tell that he was thankful to the kind stranger. She could smell his relief. But he wasn't all that happy about it, either. Still, Sky mumbled a soft "thank you" to K'yon and bowed his head just the slightest bit before wandering a few feet away to greet a new customer. That made Rain very, very happy. He trusted her new friend enough to walk away, if only a little bit, and she took that in good faith. "Well then, K'yon, would you mind accompanying me to my private booth? We should let Sky get back to work." She nodded lightly, as if convincing herself to leave the Raven Prince alone for a little while, and gathered the hidden bottle of her special drink Sky stashed behind the bar before hopping off her stool. The crowd parted for her, as usual, and she wandered back to the booth she'd burned her name into days before with a skip in her step and a twisted hum in her voice. She hoped beyond hope that K'yon would follow, and that they could have a fun conversation together before he left.

Last edited by Angel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by hatman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:01 am

"I don't know what that was just now, but..."
K'yon raised an eyebrow. But? If the company he kept was any indication, he must be used to far stranger shows of power. The Guardians may frown upon mental attacks, but if the likes of that creep were allowed into this bar, then the standards must be lowered. He was about to question the bartenders continued suspicion, when the fire girl... Rain, interrupted with a somewhat embarrassing thank-you/praising. He knew from past experience what a handful that species could be, but really, it wasn't that big a deal.
"I've always found it pleasing to put the scum of the earth in their place. It was a pleasure." K'yon stated. Rain beamed, and even the bartender seemed, if not perfectly content with K'yon's presence, at least recognizant of his companion's attitude towards him. He acquiesced to her (better) judgement with a nod and murmured thanks, before finally stopping the mother-hen attitude and moving on to another customer. Of course, he seemed to have forgotten the round of drinks he'd started preparing for the succubus in the corner booth, but she'd already desperately hooked on to another patron, filling her mind with the magic of seduction and thrill of new prey to wash away that old nightmare. Eh, he thought to himself, she felt like the type who wanted fun, not enslavement, and that looks like a werewolf. He would have energy to spare. Much better than a few shots of whatever that is.
Less expensive too, he remembered, and he dropped a worn gold coin on the counter. Probably over-paying by a few hundred percent, but paper money didn't travel well where he went, and the bar probably didn't take wampum as payment. Rain had already scooted out of her seat, and was walking towards her private booth, the crowd instinctively parting around her, much like a school of fish does around a shark, satiated or otherwise. Before leaving, K'yon touched the dream catcher again, this time taking a few seconds to search deep into one of the dark stones embedded in the web. When he withdrew his hand from beneath the jacket, he held a handful of shimmering air.
This nightmare, while dealing with a very specific fear, was very common. It was part of most of the more terrifying ones, that looming sense of observation, of note-taking and hypothesis making and above all judgement by an unidentified other, centered around the victim of the nightmare. Of course, he caught far more of these almost-memories than he let through into the human sleeping consciousness, so he had plenty to spare, especially for the type of watching eye he wanted to keep on that troublesome succubus. Anybody who sees fit to spare him another nickname deserves a night free of sexual annoyance.
Having leashed to fear to his control, K'yon let it flit away into the dancefloor, to find the succubus and observe. Recon duties done, K'yon grabbed one the glasses of his half-finished order and left his seat to follow Rain to her private booth. he slipped opposite from her and enjoyed the small shriek of joy she uttered when she saw him.
He took a small sip of the mysterious liquid before grimacing in disgust. Apparently, the bartender had understood "needing to get over a scare" as "replacing it with fear over what she just swallowed". K'yon deftly dipped a finger in Rain's drink, and transferred a drop of the liquid fire into the heinous goo. It was set ablaze instantly, though it burned with alarming slowness, and functioned basically as a blue-ish candle for the table.
"I do believe your friend was attempting to kill me via poor choice in alcoholic beverage," remarked K'yon raising his eyebrows in mock surprise. "In either case, I suppose yours has the most punch of them all." Her raucous giggling was music to his ears. There was rarely the opportunity to sit down and chat with a non-Guardian, much less one so agreeable. No wonder this bar was recommended. So much more relaxing than the taverns at Hub.

hatman17

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 am

Rain bounced with giddy excitement on her side of the booth as K'yon popped into her line of vision again, throwing him a dangerously cheeky grin. "Glad you could make it!" Swallowing a small gulp of her very tall glass, the whimsical girl brushed her hair aside and melted into the plush seats. She really, really loved this booth. Close to the front of the house, away from the main speakers, and tucked into a corner most people stayed away from. Neon lights flashed over their table every few seconds, lighting up the black tabletop with deep reds and purples and pinks. The lights caught on the edge of the burned letters, lining her name in colorful light. It looked so perfect, and for a while she watched him quietly, curious about the look of disgust on his face after tasting his beverage. Then he dipped his finger in her drink, and she feared for a brief moment that it would burn him. But if his flesh had been marred it healed itself before she could notice, and so she watched curiously as he landed the drop in his drink.

The glass lit up like the forth of July, flashing a pretty blue, like the color of her hair, and setting into a slow burn. A candle for their special table. "Aw, how perfect! Why have I never thought of that?" Rain mused to herself as she swirled her pinky finger in her drink, coating it with the shiny blue liquid. Her glass threw sparks around the rim, and every so often they fell to the table, or to her hair, or her jacket, and little bursts of light fizzled into existence for a breath of a moment. So beautiful. "Don't mind Sky, he has a sour personality. He's nice, though," A soft sigh fluttered from her lips, and Rain grew quiet for a moment, mulling over his negative attitude toward K'yon. It had been rather rude of him, but she understood it, mostly anyway. He was protective, and she wasn't right in the head, not really. She was a broken thing that he felt the need to protect, and that was probably the reason why Skylan wasn't tender with her the way she wished he would be.

His second comment distracted her, though, and she looked up to him with cheer in her eyes. "Oh, yes, it is a very special drink. It soothes my throat, like tea and cough drops. But other people don't usually respond that way..." It hadn't occurred to her before, but suddenly Rain was very curious what this man, the Hawk Knight, was. Clearly not a succubus or incubus. Rian had hardly been able to tolerate a drop of the fiery liquid, and he was a strong incubus. She didn't think he was a vampire either, because no vampire came here to drink alcohol. And Fae weren't all that interested in alcohol either - they thrived off the raw energy this place put out. "Are you a werewolf?" She could see it. He looked strongly Native American, like the lycans and werewolves Skylan had shown her pictures of before. Werewolves liked to drink, too. And he had long hair! Yes, yes, she could practically see him now, turning into a furry brown wolf, and for a moment she reconsidered the nickname she'd given him. Werewolves didn't have wings or beaks and they didn't caw. They did hunt, though, right? Eyeing him with big blue eyes, Rain continued to swirl her pinky in her drink, smiling as the cool liquid soothed her scorching flesh.

Last edited by Angel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by hatman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:03 am

Rain seemed entranced by the pyrotechnics, despite her glass being a literal bonfire. In any case, the booth was nice, private and comfortable, with a little more peace and quiet than the rest of the club could offer.
"-nice though," said Rain. She seemed despondent that not everybody she would ever meet would get along. Meh.
"Oh, it's no matter. He's protective. I would be too if i had you under my wing." She giggled at the reference to her pet name.
She seemed pensive for a moment, then asked, "Are you a werewolf?"
K'yon looked at her in amusement, before answering, "Oh nono. I belong to none of the were-clans, wolf or otherwise." She smiled at him expectantly, as if waiting for a proper answer. Which there really wasn't. How does one explain the circumstances of one's existence when one's existence hints at an entire reality of terrors constantly bearing down on the whole of creation? Not the best icebreaker, plus, announcing that one is a literal God is rather boastful for casual conversation.
"I am.... a protector." K'yon finally decided. "Actually, an honorary Guardian, capital G, but that story is far too long and dull and hardly involves me at all. Suffice to say that my job is to make sure all the good little boys, girls, and so on get the bestest dreams they can. I take out as many bad ones as I can get my hands on, and put them in here," he said opening his jacket and gesturing at an inside pocket, "and only let them out if someone deserves it. Like that rude gentleman we had the misfortune of talking to earlier."
Seeing her disbelieving smirk, he hastily reassured her, "Oh nono, cross my heart I tell no lies. Here, I'll prove it." He reached into his pocket, and touched the dreamcatcher, looking for something innocent to set free. Ah, perfect.
K'yon withdrew his hand, and held out a fist to Rain. With a flourish, he opened his hand, revealing a small fire, no larger than that of a cigarette lighter. It began to scurry around his palm and fingers on tiny legs. "Somewhere, a six year old got a terribly wrong idea of what fire ants are. This was the resul- ow!" K'yon exclaimed as the tiny fire creature sank it's mandibles into his little finger.
"It's so cute! How could anybody be scared of it?" exclaimed Rain in joy, mesmerized by the tiny creature.
"Surprisingly my dear, not everybody is as fearless as you when it comes to fire," especially whan this nightmare came with about seven thousand more he finished silently, before closing his hand and crushing the nightmare back into a mere transparent shimmer, and pouring it back into his pocket.
"Now what of you, my dear fire girl?" asked K'yon, leaning into the table. "I am certain that you are not a lycan, they're not as pretty as you are."

hatman17

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:03 am

The little creature skittering around his palm seriously was the cutest thing she'd ever seen on this planet, even cuter then the small children and the dollies Rian gave her to play with. Rain had been about to reach out and ask to hold the small little thing when he crushed it away in his palm, pouring the dreamlike energy back into his pocket like fairy dust. She was at the same time sad and wonderfully surprised, because K'yon's job sounded noble and wonderful. He really was a Knight, and since he wasn't a were, her nickname still fit. "Ahnn~ How splendid! I knew I picked the right nickname for you! I'm very good with nicknames, you know, I've given everyone here a new name!" By 'here', she meant 'earth'. But Rain didn't dawdled on the details, nope nope. Not when she had such an interesting man to listen to.

She liked that K'yon was kind, that he complimented her fearlessness and her prettiness. So overjoyed, the girl's legs began to swing back and forth like pendulums under the table, every now and again brushing up against his leg and hitting him lightly. Laughter bubbled from her lips when she considered his question. What was she? Sky would call her Blue Fire, contained in the ghost of a charred human body. But Rain was truly so much more than that. Before joining the brotherhood, before dying and breaking like a sad little doll, Rain had been a distant star, shimmering bright in a realm of empty space. She belonged to a society of celestial spirits, Guardians of the solar systems. She had been a sun, spreading light over creatures far away from this universe. But that all seemed so complicated to explain to him, and when she thought about it too much her mind went fuzzy, confused. Someone didn't want her thinking about the sky or the spirit realm. When she ventured to remember her past life, a searing pain shot through her head and crowded out all other thought besides pain, and that was terribly unpleasant. This had "RED CLOWN" written all over it, yes it did.

"Hm... What am I?" That was the question. And Rain wanted to answer him truthfully, like he'd done for her. But the poor girl struggled to find words that would express her own confusion about the topic of discussion. If only she could give him her brain for a little while, so he could study it and see what her existence consisted of. "I'm a... star. Yes, a star. I was a star, anyway. I was the Guardian of a Universe far, far away, dancing in the sky, glowing blue like fire. And then I came here," And then what? Hnnn, what was so hard about this? Why couldn't she just understand it? As if she thought it might help, Rain brought her hands up to press against the sides of her head. She pressed, trying to squeeze the information out of her charred skull, and could only feel slight pressure. So she pressed harder, a deep grimace spreading over her face. "Come on, brain, work! You stupid thing! This is why I hate humans!" Angry with this stupid vessel she was stuck in, Rain continued to press until the flesh under her fists started to bruise a faint black color. Tar-like blood pooled behind her fake skin, but she couldn't feel any pain. And that made her angry.

Blowing out a frustrated sigh, the conflicted girl finally dropped her fists. They slammed against the table with brute force and echoed a dull thud through their booth, but she couldn't look at them. A collecting of bruises spotted her temples and the skin around her hairline, disappearing into the deep blue of her hair. She looked down for a while, afraid what concerned look she might see on the Hawk Knight's face, because whenever she lost it in front of her Raven Prince he looked at her as if she were truly a maddening threat. Which she was. But it hurt to see him look at her like she wasn't actually there. A deep frown carved its way across her face for a long time before she spoke again, this time eyeing the glass of liquid fire with bottled-up contempt for the mixture and what it meant. "I came here, and a very evil man burned me until my nervous system shut down from shock of pain. And I died. And then I woke up, and I was this... this thing. A living corpse. Just fire, in a charred corpse." She fell quiet for a minute, risking a glance at K'yon's face before murmuring in a distant sigh, "Sad story, isn't it?"

Last edited by Angel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by hatman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:04 am

Madness here, the dangerous kind K'yon thought to himself. Perhaps not the kind that lets through the monsters but the self-destructive kind, something that needs help. Inadvertent self-harm, what appears to be a memory block, self-hatred, mentions of a destructive figure of power from the past... Guardians are admitted to the Psych Ward for that combo.
However, this girl was not the first mad one K'yon had encountered. There were times when the nightmares found an entrance, and would use a person like a door into the world, banging the frame and ripping the door off its hinges in an effort to get out before he came. Those people needed help. The kind that took years and years more than he had time for. It hurt sometimes, not being able to care for those under his charge, those that had suffered because of a hole in his net. But this girl was not them. And he had a while yet before the next dreamfall.
K'yon took her by the hand, purposely ignoring the charred flesh it became. "Oh my dear, you have suffered so deeply. I'm truly sorry." She looked shocked at his compassion, but he moved on. "You remind me of a... well, he is hardly anybody's friend really, though he has so many. He went through so very very much, and became mad beyond belief, to the point that every one of his good works was tainted by his pain. But one day, he met someone who made him a little saner every day. Little medicines and soothing voice and a constant presence, and he healed a little over time, bit by bit. He couldn't even remember what had brought him to such despair, but with her friendship, he stopped caring. Now, I believe you may have someone like that. Someone who will be your constant and bring you back to sanity as much as they are able." K'yon sat back into the booth, and smiled his knowing smile. "I'll just remind you that Knights serve only to protect, Princes make much better healers."

hatman17

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:04 am

K'yon was forthright, leaning across the table to grab her hand. He held onto her gently, but with persistence. Rain welcomed the pressure against her palm, which by now shook with uncertainty and barely restrained distress. She'd done it again, broken down in front of someone and made them pity her. She could see it in the Hawk's eyes. That sadness one felt when they looked at something too destroyed to fix. And she wanted to pull her disgusting corpse-hand away, to paste a smile on her face so that she wouldn't have to ruin another opportunity for real friendship, but he wouldn't have that. He started talking, eyes trained on her face rather than the macabre limb he held, or the bruises coloring her skull, and it distracted Rain from her desire to pull away and bottle her sadness up again.

He told her about a friend of his, who sounded so much like Rain. Even the way she was, the distraught girl felt bad for that broken man K'yon spoke of. He must have suffered a lot. Must have been hurt several times by many people. She really did feel for him... but at least he had a friend that made him better. That made Rain smile, to know the stranger had someone to keep him calm and at peace. For a moment, Rain entertained the wish of meeting this couple one day, imagining what it would be liked to talk to someone as cracked as she. It took the still-doll a while to realize what K'yon was implying; even longer for her to meet his gaze with understanding, and nod slowly.

Skylan was her Prince. He didn't understand what it meant to be a star, but he cherished her and her family all the same, protected them with every ounce of his being. And he was the only other living flame she'd met. Skylan mixed her the special drinks that kept her balanced, and he held her when the Red Clown tried to sneak back into her dreams. He reminded her every night before bed that the Man of Smoke would never harm her again, and she would never have to feel the black fire that destroyed her so thoroughly. Not as long as he continued burning in this world. "Princes are very good healers," she admitted, and a soft smile touched her lips. In that moment, Rain was very glad to have met the Hawk Knight, K'yon. He hadn't fixed her, not by a long shot, but he turned her in the direction of peace, and for that she could not thank him enough. "You are very good at your job, K'yon. I think I will have very good dreams tonight."

A thought occurred to Rain as he sat back in the booth and their hands broke contact. Sparing him a happy grin, the girl pulled her drink forward and dipped her pinky in the liquid again. She held it there for a few moments before removing it from the glass and pressing it into the black tabletop. Fire ignited on her fingertip, burning a bright blue and illuminating the words scrawled there, "Property of Rain: KEEP OFF!" She added to it now, burning the words "and Hawk Knight" next to her own name. Satisfied, she drew her burning finger between her lips and sucked the fire away like a dollop of whipped cream. "There, now you have a private booth to sit at any time you come to visit. Not even the Raven Prince is allowed to sit here, so it'll be our secret, okay? He would be jealous if he knew, I think." Although she was tempted to see how Sky acted when he was jealous, the thought of unnecessary conflict between the Prince and her new friend put a sour taste in Rain's mouth. One she gracefully chased down with a gulp of her special drink.

And then, setting the glass aside, Rain zipped her mouth shut with her fingertips and locked them with a key. She held the invisible key out to K'yon, motioning for him to do the same. Only when he'd taken her key did she open her mouth, gasping for a deep breath and grinning a silly smile. "That is an especially special key, so don't lose it, okay? I might need it back some day. Be a good Knight and keep it safe for me!"

Last edited by Angel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by hatman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:05 am

"I think I will have very good dreams tonight."
"I will endeavor to make it so," responded K'yon with a knowing smile. He was rarely thanked for his work, generally children only remembered the nightmares he let through. Even the best dreams were transient.
He looked curiously at her as she dipped her finger into her own drink and burnt words into the tabletop. "There, now you have a private booth to sit at any time you come to visit," K'yon didn't hear the rest of her kind words, he was so struck by the act. Another name was writ, indicating the permanency of it in his fluid and ever-changing life. It was not part of some dusty old manuscript on ancient gods, or the fearful scrawl of a sleep-deprived Darkened general fearing what exhaustion would bring him that night. This was the nickname of a simple child... a friend. It meant so much more.
And then... it meant a place of his own. Other than standard room that he was given at Hub, there were no real specific locations in his life. This porcelain doll had given him another constant. Oh Great Spirit, thank you for this night, K'yon whispered within the confines of his mind.
He took Rain's proffered imaginary key, and placed it carefully within his jacket, the same one with his dreamcatcher. The two were equally important at this time. "Oh my dearest Rain. I would guard this key with my life should it come come to that. Thank you for your generosity. You cannot fathom what it means to me. I am forever grateful."
"I have a gift for you now." He reached into his opposite jacket pocket, pulling forth a crystalline prism. It shone a light pink, and he placed it between the two glasses of blue fire. "This too is a key of sorts. It will bring you to the only other home I have, if one can call it that. I will create a companion to it the next time I am there, and will have yours shine blue when the worlds are in line for traveling. And then..." He leaned forward and smiled knowingly, "I can show you all things."

hatman17

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:05 am

"Show me all things...?"

The worlds tasted strange on her tongue, like a bath of thick velvet pouring down her throat. They were pleasantly exciting for the still-doll who feared many things in this world. The promise of a new world, free from the Red Clown or the Man of Smoke, seemed like a very good place indeed. One question made her hesitant, though. "I would love to see your world, and to meet your friend. But... My Prince may not like for me to leave his side..."

Perhaps she could sneak out, when the time came, just for a little while... But then what would she do without her drink? Skylan was the only person she knew that could make it, and Rain would not dare risk traveling to a strange place without herself in balance. A troubling complication, indeed. "I will have to convince the Raven Prince, between now and when-"

"Convince me of what? And when what?"

Uh Ohhhhh. Quick, quick thinking!

"Convince you to let the Hawk Knight have another taste of my drink!" Okay, maybe that wasn't the best cover story, but surely her Prince might believe it. Hopefully.

"Uh... What?" Dumbfounded was he, the tall Raven Prince looming off to Rain's left. He stood beside her special booth with a wash cloth between his hands, and looked to be drying them with the white scrap of fabric. "I mean, if you're masochistic enough to want more, I won't stop you..." He struggled for another moment on the concept, and Rain could see her Prince eyeing the Hawk Knight with thinly reserved suspicion. Don'tquestionitdon'tquestionitdon'tquestionit she chanted in her head, breath held until the Prince shook his head and straightened his posture decidedly. "Anyway, not right now. My shift is up, and Rian will be taking over the bar. Which means..." A pointed look was aimed in Rain's direction, and she knew what he was trying to imply. That it was time for her to hide away below deck, and leave her new friend behind. But Rain wasn't tired.

"I want to stay up here for a while longer. You can go to sleep, though, Raven Prince." The very brief look of shock on his face felt like a slap, but Rain resisted the urge to apologize and follow him.

"...But, Rain-" He started, and quickly shut up when a thin hand slapped down on his shoulder firmly.

"Rain, my sweet! Just the firecracker I wanted to see! There is some chit-chat to be had, yes? Sky, be a dear and wash my dirty laundry before you go to sleep, alright? I'll need some fresh clothes, come morning time, and I'd like very much for our little Princess here to join me for a drink before she wanders off to sleep." It was the cotton-candy haired fellow named Rian who'd come to interrupt their conversation - one of Rain's best friends in this place. And certainly the Raven Prince's most trusted companion. Sky had no room to argue, and they all knew it, and Rain loved her Cotton Candy Clown for helping to get her way. Clearly Skylan was not as sweet on him right then, however.

Reluctantly, the Raven Prince grumbled his acceptance and eyed her one more time. "Very well. Don't stay up here for too long, though. And Rian,"

"Hmmmmm~"

Sky's palm slapped down on the Cotton Candy Clown's shoulder with audible force, and Rain thought it must have hurt, but you could never tell with Rian's permanently superfluous smile. "I will not clean your clothes again. I've witnessed far too much of your delicates last time you asked me to do them."

That said, the Prince stomped away like a live wire, disappearing into the crowd until she could no longer sense the presence of his raging fires. Rian chuckled to himself, clearly smug in his manipulative gifts. "Well then, I have a bar to tend to. Be sure to visit me soon, little one, and bring your new friend along~" The tall demon swept himself into a comically lazy bow before sauntering off to his domain, and Rain waved at his shrinking figure with a childish grin on her bright face.

"He's the very very best, the Cotton Candy Clown. He will like you a lot, I bet. Ehehe..." Something in the way she said it implied the type of
"interest" Rian would take in her Hawk Knight, but whether he picked up on it was another question for a different time. For the moment, Rain found contentment in lounging against her comfortable booth and considering all of the wonderful things she might see in the world K'yon had come from.

Last edited by Angel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by hatman17 Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:06 am

Hm, thought K'yon, perhaps I am moving too swiftly. Another time perhaps.
The black-haired bartender had finally gone to wherever it was that over-protective bartenders go when in need of rest. Perhaps a cot nestled amongst an armory adjacent to Rain's room considering the unfounded paranoia coating him.
Concerning the bartender's replacement, K'yon would have smirked internally at his all-too obvious hidden meaning (the god had never felt the stirrings of that particular mark of humanity, regardless of the sheer variety of possibilities presented to him) but he was far too concerned with whether or not the smiling demon had come in too late to hear Rain's back-stabbingly murderous drink order.
"My dear, while I wholeheartedly enjoy you and your company, might I ask you to guickly speak to that gentleman and delay that refi-"
"AY YO I SAID HANDS OFF MCGRABBY!"
The thunderous shout cut off K'yon, even through the heavy bass of the music. Rain turned around quizzically, when suddenly a body blurred through the air and crashed into an adjacent table. The recently-airborne man quickly flipped back onto his feet with an intense expression of anger clouding his face. He snarled, revealing human teeth which were quickly growing much sharper than one would expect. Adding in the already unsheathed claws and quickly growing sideburns, the angry man was a werewolf, ready for blood.
Although judging from the voice he'd just heard, K'yon was much more willing to bet on the lycan's blood being spilled.
"LYCAN listen to me right now because you are fighting a battle that better men than you use as examples of battlefield stupidity!" shouted K'yon at the werewolf. He was, of course, ignored completely. An inflamed werewolf could only be driven away from its target by being given another, usually in the form of gunshot.Which would have been a mercy compared to what was strutting angrily from the dancefloor.
Five foot nothing (though an argument waged usually by her alone could be made concerning an extra inch), wearing converse shoes, an immodestly short pair of jean shorts, and a faded rocker t-shirt, she was hardly the image of the sort of person to throw werewolves across rooms and then proceed to follow it, but like most things concerning Zhuque, appearances were distractions for lesser people.
"Rain, we've not known each other for much time at all, but you may wish to look elsewhere. My, ah... acquaintance is not known for limiting herself when she thinks she has just cause," said K'yon to Rain quickly, knowing the doll's aversion to violence from the succubus at the bar earlier.
He was cut off from further warning by the roar of the lycan and the squeak he made when Zhuque's fist hammered into his trachea with all the force of a minor car accident. What followed next was a short sequence of unsuccessful clawings and reciprocations, the former which weren't blocked so much as ignored. Zhu's fighting style was a combination of muay thai and what most would consider unnecessary abuses of her supernatural strength.
The "battle", if one could categorize passing out after roughly ten seconds as such, resulted in one broken table and one very broken werewolf. Zhu was prodding him with her foot and speaking in sing-song, "Now we know that when a pretty girl tells you 'get your hands off my ass you piece of shit', she's not inviting you to go for somewhere else. And we know that we should wait until we've got a nice computer between you and her before calling her a "teasing bitch", because she'll exercise her newly given right to wreck your shit, and you wouldn't want to bleed all over your Twilight rainbow body pillow now would you? OHHH lookit me, I'm an educator! You're welcome stranger, fair thee well!" she called out over her shoulder, twisting her heel on the lycan's hand, breaking another finger in the process.
With a little placating wave to the (still-smiling?) bartender, she ripped a crystal stud off her shorts and crushed it in her right fist, before throwing the powder at the broken table. With a purple flash of electricity, it re-mended itself and circled itself back upright, without any semblance of having been broken in the first place. "Don't worry, i gotchu!" she mouthed exaggeratedly before twirling around dramatically to face K'yon and Rain.
"HEY 'YONNIE what up!" she said with a pop of her lips on the last p. "Who's the cutie, and is she single?" she stage whispered at K'yon, before leaning backwards again and yelling at the barkeeper to bring them all another round of "whatever they were having". the other bar patrons had already turned back to their drinks and conversations, whatever supernatural show of power had just happened didn't concern them, and besides, they'd probably seen worse before.
"SOoooooooo, you're really not gonna introduce me 'Yonnie? Rudeness was never your style, have you been hanging out with Captain Grumpy Fuego again?" she said with a pout.
"I, uh..." started K'yon, before clearing his throat and continuing, "Zhuque, this is Rain, Rain, this is Zhuque, she was just leaving."
"Are you FLUSTERED 'Yonnie??? Oh gosh, there's no way I'm leaving now," she said perching her head on her fist with a deviously smug grin.
Guardians off duty are the worst people i have ever come across, thought K'yon, not for the first time since he'd made contact with them, and he knew despairingly not for the last.

hatman17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum